Charitable Donations: Terms & Conditions
CHaritable contributions policies and procedures:
Native Poppy takes great pride in supporting the community. Since its launch in 2013, Native Poppy has invested thousands of dollars back into the community through its contributions to a variety of charitable causes. Due to the volume of requests received, Native Poppy has established a new program to ensure fairness to all organizations requesting funds, eliminates duplication, and ensures that we continue to meet the needs of our community.
- Only California-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations will be considered.
- All corporate charitable contributions, sponsorships, and in-kind services will promote our business goals, create positive visibility, and demonstrate social responsibility.
- Contributions will be coordinated with employee volunteer activities when possible to achieve maximum impact within budget guidelines.
- We will consider requests to support social, community, civic, educational and economic endeavors if these support corporate business goals and meet contribution guidelines and/or if the organization's staff is involved in the governance of the organization.
- Requests from organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation or national origin will not be considered.
- Requests from religious organizations will not be considered; however, a community program sponsored by a religious organization will be considered (e.g. food pantry).
- Requests that solicit financial support for individuals, political candidates and political campaigns or entities that are not 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations will not be considered.
- Contributions will be made only to the qualifying nonprofit agency. Contributions will not be made to organizations conducting fundraising on behalf of nonprofit agencies.
All organizations requesting assistance can complete a special application available at Native Poppy. Each request must be made in writing on your organization's letterhead and be accompanied with a completed copy of the special application. Only those organizations completing and returning the application in its entirety will be considered, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Community groups falling within the guidelines set forth above are requested to mail their written requests, along with the completed application, in writing to the following address:
2335 University Avenue
San Diego, CA 92104
It should be noted that Native Poppy's contributions fund does have limitations and each application is reviewed by a special committee based on merit and other standard requirements to ensure fair distribution.
A minimum of two weeks is required to conduct a preliminary evaluation of your written application.
Please submit your application at least 2 weeks prior to your contribution deadline.